Sunday, July 10, 2011

In all things God is our best bet....

What an incredibly satisfying life I have. It's strange and exciting and filled with so many adventures and blessings. I am blessed with all the people in my life!


It's been forever since I've written. I'll have to really catch up....


Last week I went back and visited my mission. This really deserves it's own post. I'll do that next. It was such an amazing experience. I felt so humbled to be back and to think about what I'd been given. I'll expand more later.

BUT TODAY.....OH TODAY....

I absolutely love my ward. There are so many wonderful amazing people. Especially the Relief Society. I've never been surrounded by so many beautiful people. I'm just so thankful to be a part of that. Sarah Murray is our Relief Society president....she really deserves her own post...and she actually has her own blog....http://mormonfun.blogspot.com/....she's so insightful and funny. Well anyway I love this girl


But today I want to focus on what we talked about in Sunday School....the lesson was so good!


“Not My Will, But Thine, Be Done”

Isn't this always the hardest thing to say and actually do. 

The basic idea of the lesson focuses on the savior's time in the Garden of Gethsemane. We talked of his suffering and his love for us. 

This class was incredible. You could feel the spirit sweeping the room as we pondered on this sacred subject. I love the atonement. Words can't even describe how I feel. It wouldn't do me any good to write it cause I can't. However, to know that the Savior, loved me personally enough, to go into that garden and to face that pain so he could one day comfort me gives me a hope and desire to continue living righteously. It's so humbling to have that knowledge. Not just me either but every single one of us. Yes even you. 

We watched this clip and it's one of my all time favorite talks ever. I was in the Missionary Training Center when this talk was given. I remember how silent the auditorium was. The spirit was testifying to the max in that room. Of the surrounding hundreds of missionaries I could see there wasn't a dry eye. I wept with my district as we were taught the simple truth of the atonement. THAT WE WILL NEVER HAVE TO BE ALONE! How amazing is that? Every tragedy or pain or inconvenience we suffer, we aren't going it alone. The Savior's suffering wasn't just to pay for our sins, but to provide comfort to our souls. To stand beside us and be able to say "Yes I know how you feel. I know it cause I was there." What a marvelous blessing. If I could share one thing with anybody (and it would be fantastic if they could clearly understand what I was trying to convey) it would be the healing power of the atonement. That our wounds can be healed and our hopes lifted. That our lives can always be filled with happiness and laughter and joy! That in the face of adversity we can say bring it on. Let me grow!


I love this with all my soul!

Also I would say to everyone. Go to the temple! You learn some of the coolest things there. Take your time as you go. Don't plan anything else. Just enjoy the sweet refreshing peace of the spirit. As I sat there I realized how close to heaven it is. My cares, troubles, and woes all just melted away and were replaced by the reassurance of God, that all would be well. I know that it's true. If anything come to know how wonderful the Plan of Salvation is. There is no end for us. There may be moments of waiting but nothing ever truly comes to an end. Our joy will live on forever!


    In that hour of anguish Christ met and overcame all the  

horrors that Satan, ‘the prince of this world,’ could 

inflict. … In some manner, actual and terribly real though 

to man incomprehensible, the Savior took upon Himself 

the burden of the sins of mankind from Adam to the end 

of the world”      -James E. Talmadge- 

On a less spiritual note. I have some really funny friends. I need to blog about them as well.

My funny choice for the day would have to be Michelle Gapinski from my ward! Michelle is hilarious. From the moment I met her I knew we were destined for greatness. Today she informed me that we can't sit next to each other in class because I'm too distracting. I know it's hard having these good looks and  amazing smell but really she should learn to control herself.... :D THAT'S RIGHT MICHELLE...OR SHOULD I SAY HOLLI!

Michelle Gapinski saw me across the table at our first ward mingles. She was filling out her paper in big fat permanent marker. She saw me and I was mumbling to myself. It was friends at first sight. Ever since then she's been following me everywhere. To Family Home Evening, to Church, to the Bishop's house. I can't shake her. But that's ok...cause she's pretty awesome. 


MICHELLE "HOLLI...MELISS" GAPINSKI EVERYONE!!!!




She's hilarious! She loves long walks on state street. Dancing in the snow. 
Riding zebra's around the shoreline of the great salt lake.  She has 7 kids. She's from the Czech Republic (Not really...she likes to lie about it) She served her mission in Alabama (she lies about that too...she served in the Czech Republic). She has 7 kids...ok not really....5 kids. She wants a man who will rub off her callouses. Who will french braid her hair. Has lots of money and all his teeth. Also she wants him to sing show tunes with her every Wednesday and Friday. Also if he has a tandem bike that would be a plus.
 
I love this girl!
(but only in a platonic way)



Anyway for the end of my blog (not the blog...just the post..don't worry there is more of me...you lucky people you :D) I wanted to post the most recent Mormon Message. How amazing this message is. It really I think drives home the importance of seeking the spirit in our lives. Only the spirit can offer us true happiness. 

So we must always Watch Our Step....and continue to love others when they've missed one.


                                   “Courage doesn't always roar.
   Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
 at the end of the day saying, 
"I will try again tomorrow."
Mary Anne Radmacher


No comments:

Post a Comment