Sunday, September 25, 2011

You are not forgotten...

   IT'S BEEN A MINUTE! Life gets so crazy sometimes and then every once in a while you find time to sit and reflect....That's why I love sundays! It's a great time to relax....

So let's play catch up....I quit my full time job to go to full time school. I work part time at Deseret Book and I love it. Every once in a while I get to be a missionary there again. The sisters from temple square come in and I get a little homesick for the MISSOURI/KANSAS canvas. Who would have ever thought one would be homesick over those places :D

     I'm in school right now. It's a lot of fun. I'm taking....English....Philosophy...Astronomy (this class makes me feel like a dummy)....Human Biology....and SCUBA!!!!!!

I become borderline obnoxious when I'm in school...cause my new phrase is "Did you know?" People probably are like "Did you know...that I want to smack you!" But we're going to play a little game.....


DID YOU KNOW?

- It takes light 8 minutes to get from the sun to us. 


- We should drink and eat things with antioxidants to rid our bodies of free radicals


- We're on a crash course with another galaxy...don't worry it'll be about 80 billion years from now.


- Our universe is continually expanding....still trying to figure out why.


- A recent experiment has shown neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light....if this ever proves correct....then you can forget everything you ever learned in physics cause now we get to start over.


- The Sun actually has it's own orbit and the center of the Sun is actually not the center of the universe


- There is water on Enceladus one of Saturn's moons.


- Lao - Tzu is an idiot


- There is a difference between "film noir" and "forensic noir" but Thomas Doherty takes forever to get there.


- In water you lose body heat 25 times faster...and sound travels 4 times faster in water.


- Hydrophobic means fear of water and Hydrophilic means love of water...in regards to molecules.


- Fact: I love swimming therefore if I was a molecule I'd be hydrophilic.


So these are just a couple of things I've learned so far this semester. But here are some more facts of life

- I have an amazing family.


- I have a really awesome ward.


- I have fabulous friends.


- My job rocks.


- The Lord is always looking out for me.

These are basic facts. However, sometimes I lose sight of them. When I lose sight of these things I start to feel bad and pitiful. The frustrating question of "Why not me?" enters my mind and I have to recognize and shake it. I sometimes start to feel low when people around me are receiving blessings that I'd love. These are righteous desires so "why not me?" It's an endless cycle. But recently Heavenly Father has taught me a thing or two....simple facts....

- The plan is perfect and while I can't see the total path of the plan he's assured me I will receive my blessings in due time.


- When others receive these blessings that you feel you deserve....be happy for them. It will reflect later in your character. Work to improve yourself and rid yourself of unholy traits. 


- Have fun. Don't let misery hold you back.


- Serve others around you.


- Educate yourself....don't wait for the golden ticket to make you happy. Be happy now- President Uchtdorf


- Learn patience. Don't be hard on yourself.


- Seize every opportunity.


- Follow the counsel of the prophets.


- Be daring. Take risks.....be courageous.


- Most of all....remember the relationship you share with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. These are the most important relationships. If you don't have any earthly relationships to improve....work on the ones with your heavenly father.

    Have fun. I KNOW I ALREADY SAID THIS.....But it's so important. My mission president would ask me if I was having fun. He would tell me if I wasn't having fun than I wasn't doing my job as a missionary. He was right. Life is about being happy and having fun. That comes with a proportionate amount of adversity but with an attitude adjustment the adversity lasts but a moment. I know that everything will be A-OK.

So in honor here are the wonderful highlights from Relief Society General Conference. The advice given here is so true....enjoy.

http://lds.org/pages/general-rs-meeting-2011?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment