Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer!!!!!

I'M ABSOLUTELY A SUMMER GIRL!!!! What an adventurous time. I know its been ages since I've blogged. I'm back though....


So far this year has been insanely crazy. I had a semester of school where I got straight A's in all 4 of my classes....there is a first time for everything right!


   So many wonderful things have happened. 


I went to the Bahamas with our dance studio...they made me a mermaid :D and I got lots of sun and had a crazy time with Megan and John Southwick.....







I turned 25! Whoop Whoop!!!! My friends and I celebrated the Saturday night before with Pizza, Gullivers Travels, and homemade cupcakes by A.J. Anderson. It was awfully sweet of them! Love them....but the next day was amazing. Some friends and I went to temple square for my birthday. It was so neat to talk with the sisters down there and it made me miss the mission so much. Pablo came later and when he showed up he brought me flowers. They looked like the exact same ones as the ones planted on the temple grounds. I asked him if thats where he got them. He laughed and assured me that no they weren't sacred temple square flowers...just the ones from his mom's garden. They were beautiful. 







Caitlin Hafen and I with my flowers from Pablo's mom's garden. 


Also in March I went to Moab with some friends. We learned that I can be cranky if I don't sleep and the boys wake us up giggling like school girls at 6 am. My bad. I was better the next day! I had a blast. I love canyoneering. Repelling is my favorite. It terrified me at first but then I fell in love with the feeling!







I repelled off that arch....it was huge. That's Ervin and I. He's one of the greatest people ever to exist on this earth. Ladies......


WEDDINGS!!!!!!!
   Another amazing thing is one of my very bestest friends got married. I love her to death. Our friendship is strange and funny. Long story short I used to despise her...not really that's kind of strong...lets go with hate. Jk. Really I was jealous of her. But we later got called to the same mission and she became my solid rock and amazing confidante. She married a very awesome guy Ben. He's hilarious. So she got married and it was such an incredible experience. The things that were said were absolutely beautiful. I cried. So like me. She was beautiful. He was beautiful. The whole thing was simply beautiful. It reminded me that this is what life is all about. Beautiful happy things!


Here's how amazing it was!










I love all these wonderful people...I'm so very very blessed.


"The Lord's love is often delivered through others as they respond to promptings of the Spirit. Are we hearing and following those promptings? . . .
"I fear sometimes we see the Lord's love only in the big events of our lives; we must also see His love in the smallest of things. Don't underestimate your ability to share His love through a simple, genuine gesture such as sitting next to another sister and making her feel welcome." -Bonnie D. Parkin-
So thats a little catch up for the year....next time I'll tell you all about the Adventures of Danali! They are epic...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment